Call for Proposals: 2021
The Missouri State Genealogical Association Announces
Call for Proposals: 2021 Virtual Family History Conference
The Missouri Sate Genealogical Association 2021 Virtual Family History Conference,
1821-2021 - Two Hundred Years of Missouri Statehood, will be live on Zoom 6-7 August 2021, and recorded and made available to attendees for three months following the conference. MOSGA opens the call for proposals on 15 February 2021, and proposals will be accepted until 15 April 2021.
The goal of the 2021 MOSGA conference will be to celebrate 200 years of statehood by helping us learn of our connections to our ancestors, and what we can learn about them. Conference subjects of interest include:
· Historical migrations, trails, and events that affected patterns of settlement
· Hard-to-find ancestors who seem to disappear from records
· Approaches to rural and urban research
· Military records
· Occupations and trades
· Religions and related record collections
· Ethnic resources and research techniques
· Postcards, letters, diaries, manuscripts, and artifacts
MOSGA encourages proposals that demonstrate methods to help genealogists accurately identify ancestors through reasonably exhaustive research, proper source citations, analysis and correlation, resolution of conflicts, and sound reasoning and coherent writing.
Speakers may submit up to four lecture proposals electronically. The speaker compensation will be $100 for each accepted lecture plus an additional $50 per lecture for syllabus material if submitted by the due date.
—The MOSGA Conference Committee