Annual Awards to Genealogical Community
MoSGA recognizes individuals, groups and organizations that have put forth that extra effort to support genealogical research, activities, and publications in the Show-Me State. We are asking local genealogical and historical societies and libraries in Missouri to assist us in identifying those who should be candidates for special recognition. Neither submitters nor nominees need be members of MoSGA. Click here for the Nomination Form.
NOTE: The deadline for submitting award nominations has been extended until June 30, 2021.
AWARDS presented at the 2019 Conference:
MoSGA President, Bill Eddleman, surprised Mary Celeste, left, by recognizing her with the "President's Award" for her many years of service and dedication to MoSGA. Most recently Mary served as the Nominating Committee Chair for our newest elected officers. Congratulations to Mary.
Sharion Duncan, right, received a Certificate of Appreciation from MoSGA, recognizing the work she has done for the History and Genealogy Department of the St. Louis County Library. For over 20 years she has cataloged or reviewed over 100,000 manuscripts, periodicals, maps, and microfilms. Congratulations Sharion.
PRESIDENT'S AWARD: Deborah Furnell of Columbia and MoSGA Board member
AWARD OF MERIT: Harold Kerr II, Howard County Genealogical Society
CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION: Mike Bridwell, St. Louis County Public Library
PRESIDENT'S AWARD: Sharlene Miller
DIRECTOR'S AWARD: Lana Smith of Stanberry, Missouri -
Nominated by Gentry County Public Library
AWARD OF MERIT: Paul Barker of Springfield, Missouri - Nominated by Ozark Genealogical Society
CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION: Dan Lilienkamp of St. Louis, Missouri - Nominated by St. Louis County Library
PRESIDENT'S AWARD: Jenna Mills
DIRECTORS’ AWARD: Estella Morrison, Excelsior Springs Genealogy Society and Museum & Archives
AWARDS OF MERIT:
- Black Archives Museum Committee, St Joseph Museums, Inc -
- Mary Helen Catlett Allen, Genealogical Society of Boone County & Central Missouri –
- Betty Chillington, Osage County Historical Society –
- Neoma (Alexander) Foreman, Cedar & Vernon County, MO Genealogy Society –
- Sharon Hackworth, Iron County Genealogy Society –
- Melba Allison Rector, Ozarks Genealogy Society –
- Ted & Iva Roller, Barry County Genealogical & Historical Society –
- Roberta Schinke, Osage County Historical Society –
CERTIFICATES OF APPRECIATION:
- Kelly Draper, St. Louis County Library -
- Michael O’Laughlin, Irish Roots Café – .